Okay, that’s a silly title, perhaps, for a blog that spends so much time on new fashion in SL. But here “something new” doesn’t just refer to this lovely group gift from Petite Mort!
- Petite Mort — Tiedye Maillot (Group gift, 2016/07)
Tiedye Maillot is comes in standard sizes, plus Slink, Maitreya, and standard fitmesh. I love fitmesh, and Petite Mort‘s does not disappoint.
You see, I had not heard the word “maillot” before, so I had to go and look it up. It turns out it’s another name for a tank suit, or one-piece swim suit. Who knew? Well, plenty of people, but for me, it was something new. What really caught my eye was the wikipedia article, which reported that a ‘tank suit’ is so called because it was a suit to wear in a swimming tank — i.e., a swimming pool.
And a tank-top? According to the Online Etymology Dictionary, a tank top is named for a tank suit — named for the pool in which you’d use it. And that’s something else that I didn’t know.
Now, don’t you feel smarter? Good, then go over to Petite Mort, because their goodies are gorgeous.
Hey, this is my one-hundredth post! How about that? Mahalo! A hui hou!
- Hair: Calico Taylor Light Ginger
- Skin: Oceane Body Design Quinn Perle
- Freckles: Adam n Eve (ae) Body Freckles Applier for Slink Physique
- Face: [GA.EG] Kirsten
- Eyelashes: [GA.EG] Glamour Alpha Lashes
- Eyes: Mayfly Luminous Twilight Forest
- Body: Slink Physique
- Hands: Slink Hands Casual
- Feet:Slink Feet Kitten / Flat